My Father’s Heart

I take a moment and stand still 
Completely aware of the Holy Spirit alive inside me
Silent and with meditation
Receiving what Christ has for me this very day


He says, 
Believe with me today you are enough
Rest inside the peace I died for 
My relationship with you is all I need 
I'm not here to use you, Im not here to produce in you your one big thing
I'm here as a gift for you to love. 


God extends an open door to love Him
To step inside a place where intimacy thrives and I let Him know me
Yielding control when I want to have it most
When the veil comes off and I am fully exposed before Him


And He dresses me in;
Kindness
Quiet Strength
Compassion
Love
Forgiveness
Humility
Discipline
Peace


Fully clothed in the gifts He gives 
My position turns from fear to bravery
And brave doesn't mean I don't feel afraid
Its moving forward despite.


He says, 
Be Me in you
In that place you are your real self and I blend with you 
All I am in you
Never forget, all I am is in you.


Complete rejection of striving and surrender to frailty and delicacy
To allow Him to fill my unprotected areas and be my defence 
My fragile weak soul in His huge heavy hands
His promise is stability amid my brittleness.


Inside my weakness He gives capacity
He whispers love notes to my soul
He prompts me in tasks I never sought
In intimacy I find my souls filling


I could search in panic and wonder for a worthy assignment 
But if resting in His arms and loving Him is all He asks
 I'll start there
And He will tell me what my next move is
Only when I'm so comfortable sitting next to Him will He ask me to pull up another chair
Our relationship matters most


I'm not living to perform
Life is not a stage
There is no final curtain call I might be late for
My calling is to be His daughter
A daughter who loves Her Father God
A daughter who gives her heart over and lets her guard down for Him


This is how we know we're living steadily and deeply in Him, and He in us;  He's given us life from his life, from his very own Spirit.  Also, we've seen for ourselves and continue to state openly that the Father sent His son as Saviour of the world.  Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God's Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God,  We know it so well, we've embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God.
1 John 4:13-16


He knows me
He understands my heart more then any human might
The crack left exposed
My woundings
My fears
My failures
The very sin I work hard to reject
And so,
He asks to love me
And in return,
He asks I seek to love Him, too.


My precious daughter,
I have ransomed you
I will never leave you or forsake you
Precious Child
Mighty Conqueror
Warrior
I am yours.






















Comments

Popular Posts