Fear is a Liar


Fear called me and I answered.  I left all common sense and began that journey of unraveling my soul and spirit into the darkness fear only offers.  It seeps into relationships and shows itself in words and actions that harm.  I heard someone say once, "Unseen thoughts produce visible consequences."  
And there were many.

But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent.
-2nd Corinthians 11:3

Further and further my heart moved away from God's truth.  The deeper I let fear in, the deeper I believed the lies and my mind was swirling.  "What if?"  Two little words the enemy used to destroy my confidence in my all powerful, almighty God.

Then, I stopped the spin.

Turning to God I said, "Help."

"I've been waiting for you to ask," He replied.

And He swooped in and began healing me and walking me into my new person in Christ.  The one where He sees Jesus living in me.  Waking me at night, reminding me of scripture that serves my heart and fills with hope. 

Let the peace that comes from Christ rule your heart.
-Colossians 3:15

For His word reveals all truth and sets free my mind.  He died with all fear pierced to the cross and we are new.  He cares.  He loves.  He is in control.  Praise God for His enduring love.  Praise God for His patience when I fail again and again. Patience to wait for me to come to Him and steadfast grace to help as soon as I call.  He is so good.

Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy.
-Psalms 34:5

I will glorify God with the freedom He gave me and dance in security.  For He has saved me from my fears and I walk forward holding His beautiful, mighty hand. 

I prayed to the Lord and He answered me.  He freed me from all my fears. 
-Psalms 34:4




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts